Optimize your control results with innovative software functions
- Adaptive TorqueRippleCompensation
Fast and low-vibrations motions for your drive
Active damping of oscillations that occur. For this purpose, the drive controller acts on the motor as an actuator and takes away mechanical energy from the oscillation in order to convert it into electrical energy and then destroy it or convert it into drive energy. Fast and low-vibration movements allow more precise and more effective drives.
Areas of application:
- Paper, cardboard, foil, sheet metal, very smooth running of web-processing installations, special advantages for unwinders and rewinders, above all with large masses and inertias. Avoidance of web breaks. Improvement of the product quality.
- Printing presses: higher accuracy, avoidance of printing stripes.
- Forming: low-vibration running of servo kinematics from feeders to servo presses. Wear reduction.
- Robotics, handling: fast and low-vibration movements.
- Machine tools: more precise processing. Especially for use with torque motors and linear motors, in other words direct drives. Reliable control of even high and changing process forces. Reduction of tool wear.
- Spindle drives: avoidance of chatter vibrations.
Compensate for spindle pitch errors very simply
An axis that moves a spindle mechanically will show the pitch error of the spindle directly in its running behavior. As long as the deviations from the ideal are not too drastic, it is possible to compensate for the pitch error with software instead of using expensive, complicated mechanics.
The spindle pitch error can be recorded with different methods depending on the required accuracy. A laser interferometer is normally used for this purpose. The Comp2D software includes a generator for an NC file on the XY plane that scans the machine bed over a predefined grid and waits for a correction to be entered at every measuring point. The step length and number of measuring points can be defined as desired.
The compensation values are easily accessible in a text file. In the case of special machines that do not justify the expensive purchase of a laser interferometer, the deviation measured on the work piece can also be entered manually. It is also possible to change automatically generated measured values at a later time.
The compensation can be activated using a filter time with a T1 filter even when the machine is running. There is a separate compensation table for each axis.
- Compensation of two-dimensional distortions with all spindle drives.
Give your customers even more accuracy.
CompTopology 3D - Software package for compensation of uneveness and warping of the machine bed
The height of the machine bed is measured over a two-dimensional grid and corrected on the Z axis. Workpieces that adapt themselves to the surface of the machine bed are processed with an accuracy that is better by several factors than what the absolute tolerances of the machine bed would normally allow.
The advantage for you: higher accuracy for the products along with considerably reduced manufacturing costs for the machine.
The topology error is recorded by an additional position transducer on the Z axis. The software includes a generator for an NC file on the XY plane. This scans the machine bed over a predefined grid and writes the height of the position transducer to a text file at every measuring point. The step length and number of measuring points can be defined as desired. An interpolation with a weighting function is performed between the individual points.
The measured unevenness leads to a compensation movement of the vertical Z axis on the machine bed. This can decisively improve the quality of a milling machine, for example. The compensation values are easily accessible in a text file, so that individual points can also be simply changed by hand at a later time.
The topology compensation can also be activated with a filter time when the machine is running. The compensation between the recorded measuring points takes place via a specially developed two-dimensional weighting function. The advantage for you: it is possible to compensate for warping, for example, very well with relatively few measuring points.
Due to the resulting very short time for recording the measuring points, the compensation table can also be automatically recorded periodically, e.g. to compensate for warping that depends on the temperature (sandwich designs, ...) or the humidity (natural stone tables, ...)!
Encoder optimization via software
Patented method for optimizing the read-in accuracy of sine/cosine encoders. Can be used with optical systems as well as magnetic systems.
Patented by ARADEX, this method allows an excellent resolution and accuracy in reading in sine/cosine encoders. Your advantage: You achieve the required resolution and accuracy with less expensive and/or sturdier encoders.
Special application: Measurement of torques in rotating systems by measuring the mechanical torsion between two encoders with a relatively simple design.
Improvement of the motor synchronization
Die TorqueRippleCompensation (TRC) compensates for the effect of periodic fluctuations in the load as well as for periodic errors in the motor torque generation. TRC is used with the entire drive train including transmission elements and gears and compensates for their periodic errors as well.
Adaptive TorqueRippleCompensation (ARC) expands the (periodic) TorqueRippleCompensation by adding a highly convergent learning function and an adaptive adjustment to changing system characteristics.
The convergent learning function is adjusted by the technology module itself and simplifies the application and parameterization. If the characteristics of the system change, the technology module automatically adapts as well.
The technology module VECTO-IDM (IntegratedDriveManagement) considerably minimizes the following error of a control. VECTO-IDM has proven itself in industrial use for 19 years and is continually developed furtherThe basic principle, however, always remains the same: The most precise possible movement of the drives, even with big changes in the reference variable (acceleration) or the interference variable (torques and forces from outside).
The following applies: The stiffest possible motor control forces the motor onto precisely the path calculated. Soft desired paths or paths optimized for jerk-free running are also traveled with the real drive in this way and produce the lowest vibrations of the system.
External interferences such as an unbalanced axis, torsional vibrations, unrolling and expanding toothed belts, non-ideal ball bearings, periodic shocks from the tool, natural vibrations of the machine bed etc. are minimized by the use of VECTO-IDM. VECTO-IDM is used when maximum control accuracy is required. The drive management in this form is unique in the world.
Vecto-IDM is available in different expansion stages and complexities to suit the application:
- VECTO-IDM:drive management for any number of axes that interpolate linearly or via tables.
- VECTO-IDM-CNC: drive management
- Drive management VECTO-IDM® for path CNCs and up to 5 interpolating axes.
- VECTO-IDM-8.0: Expanded drive management with algorithms that have been improved even more.
- Considerably higher accuracy, excellent dynamics with simultaneous smooth, jerk-free running of the drives in all industries and applications
- Available for synchronous as well as asynchronous drives, with excellent characteristics.
- Machine tools: minimized influence of machining forces on the accuracy, e.g. with grinding machines.
- Spindle drives: precise thread cutting, smooth running during milling, reduction of the inclination to "chatter".